Heya, this is my second weekly report describing my work on my Google Summer of Code project to rewrite MTP (Android) support in Amarok from scratch. This week I've done a lot of work on MtpCollection class regarding device initialization.
|Information for Android users|
What I've done this week:
- MTP devices detected by Solid are actually matched with the ones that libmtp sees.
- Created an asynchronous job to initialize the MTP device for use by Amarok (query vendor, product, serial number, supported file types, ...).
- Created an asynchronous job to list device storage drives.
- Added a refresh button to trigger rebuilding the list of available storage and the list of tracks (in future).
- Added support for showing device capacity and free space:
Everyone loves the nice capacity bars
- Started working on a job to parse tracks found on the device (not presented in the UI yet).
- Forgetting to call LIBMTP_Initialize() leads to strange errors. :-)
- Diving into full meta system: MtpTrack, album, artist, ...
|Yay, I'll be there!|