|I add a couple of buttons each week, I promise I won't continue endlessly. :-)|
What I've done this week:
- Eliminated some false-positives in detection of rating conflicts (uses some heuristics, but will do)
- Made "Updated Tracks" and "Tracks With Conflicts" combo-box options enabled only if there are actually some such tracks.
- Made synchronization aware of iPod's recent play count feature - now the synchronized value is correct even if you play the same song in Amarok and on iPod simultaneously.
- Added status bar so that you know the counts.
- Qt's tree view combined with filtering can unfortunately forget which nodes are expanded. I've worked it around with some witty code. :-) On first show, tracks with conflicts have their nodes expanded.
- Added the "Take Ratings From" button.
- While I'm generally satisfied with the dialog's behaviour, its appearance isn't particularly pleasing. I will for sure fix minor things like displaying rating with stars, but I'm not a usability expert. Fortunately, there seems to be an easy way to get it reviewed now.
- To support iPods' recent play count, I've added a method to Meta::Track, which now seems rather unfortunate. I need to consult it with other Amarok developers, but probably I'll factor it into a Capability.
- Next week I'll make the synchronization dialog two-step: in step 1 you choose what fields to synchronize and what collections should participate. What you see above will become the step 2.
- I'm still a little ahead of my schedule and that's good. This means that I'll have a chance to look into Last.fm realms sooner. There is some activity on Last.fm code in Amarok from Harald Sitter recently (great!) and it turns out that rather big re-factoring will be needed.